I can work with you on anything you need. Whether you have an audition or scene to prepare for, or you simply want to work on something to improve, I can direct and coach you so that you develop as a performer.
Acting is one of the most competitive career fields you can enter in to. Being talented isn’t enough, you have to make yourself known and you have to keep focused through some tough times. You can leave it all to chance and hope that your marketing is good enough and that you’ll keep focused or you can get someone on your team, someone who has already been there,
Each programme will be bespoke to you, and depending on how long we work together will include combinations of the following:
- Assessment of your current tools; photos, reels, presume, letters
- Assessment of who is on your team; agent, contacts, fans, mentor
- Goal setting
- Strategies to achieve the goals
- Accountability to ensure steps toward goals are made
- Feedback on progress
- Advice on Marketing tools from writing good letters, to postcard mailings, to utilising your website and social media
- Advice Marketing strategies, what to whom, how often, and by which medium
- Keeping sane and focused in the down time
- Prioritising day jobs v dream jobs
Graduate Programme: If you’ve just finished your drama degree or graduated from drama school I can help you clarify the next steps to take, what goals you want to achieve and how to get there. If you haven’t got representation we can look at how to get work without it and how to maximise the chances of getting an agent.
Career Boost Programme: If you’ve had a certain level of success but then work has dried up, you’ve hit a plateau or maybe you’re just not getting the work you want. I can re-asses your current marketing tools, and your marketing strategy to ensure the work you are putting into your career is taking you where you want to go.
Back to the Boards; if you’ve taken a career break for personal or family reasons, come and talk to me about how we can get you to hit the ground running. Times have changed in the work place from the introduction of new media which affects our marketing strategy and our marketing tools.
Why choose me?
Some successful actors got lucky, maybe they were connected to the industry already through parents or friends, maybe they attended some of the more visible institutions; RADA, Oxbridge. Maybe they just got an amazing agent straight away or they look like Keira Knightley and a film career beckons. These people may be more successful than me, but they wouldn’t be able to tell you how they did it. Whereas I failed for years and so I made it my business to get better; get better at networking, at marketing, at letter writing, at selecting my projects, at being seen. I wish I could go back 14 years and teach it to myself, but I can teach it to you.
- I spent 8 years finding all my own work, no agent, and still did four projects a year
- I was an actress for 15 years, taking my career from fringe to West End through marketing myself as well as working with my representation
- As well as being an actor, I was an agent for 5 years so understand how your representation is or isn’t working for you
- I have spent time assisting an award winning casting director in LA
- I have been out to LA twice networking and training at TVI
- I have studied coaching and personal development
- I have worked for several years (between acting jobs) in marketing and PR and I understand what marketing concepts and tools you’ll need to progress your career